This section provides information related to the Animal Pedigree Act (for example, breed associations, registrations, memberships, etc.). You will also find detailed statistics and reports on animal genetics.
Animal Pedigree Act
The Act aims to support breed improvement and to protect persons who raise and purchase animals. It carries out these goals by helping to create animal pedigree associations that register and identify animals.
- Animal Pedigree Act - « Statute »
- Animal Pedigree Act - Secretary's manual
- Canadian Recognized Breeds
- Incorporated Breed Associations
The national contact for Animal Pedigree Act is :
Animal Registration Officer
Animal Industry Division,MISB
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
1341 Baseline Road., T5-4-302
Ottawa, ON K1A 0C5
Tel : 613-773-0231
Fax : 613-773-0300
E-mail : AnGen-GenAn@AGR.GC.CA
Statistics, publications and reports
- Canadian Animal Genetics Industry Statistics
Overview of Canada's animal genetics industry within the farming sector, including dairy, poultry and red meat; shows information on animal registration, imports and exports, and production.
- Canada's Animal Genetics Exports (for breeding purpose)
- Exports/Imports of Dairy Genetics
- Animal Registrations, Transfers and Memberships by Species
- Animal Registrations, Transfers and Memberships by Species and Breed
- Dairy Animal Registrations
- Enrollments on Milk Recording
- Average Milk Production by Breed
- Statistics of Canada's Animal Genetics
- Canadian Dairy Information Centre Publications and Bulletins
List of publications on markets and trade activities for Canadian dairy products and dairy animal genetics.
- Date modified: