Trends and Market Opportunities for the Functional Foods and Natural Health Products Sector
Find market information on Canadian functional foods and natural health products, including survey data, trends, market opportunities and challenges.
- Emerging Food Innovation: Trends and Opportunities (2015)
This report summarizes current trends and emerging opportunities for innovation available to the food processing industry.
- Canadian Functional Foods and Natural Health Products (2014)
This factsheet provides an overview of Canada's functional food and natural health product capacity. It describes Canada's strengths, examples of bioactive ingredients, Canadian success stories, and links to research networks.
- Opportunities and Challenges Facing the Canadian Functional Foods and Natural Health Products Sector (2014)
This report provides information on the consumer profile, market size and performance, sourcing challenges, labour issues, foreign direct investment, distribution channels, research and development, and regulatory issues affecting the sector.
- Emerging Food Products, Technologies and Processes: Insights for Regulators (2012)
production technologies, branded ingredients, new crop or animal varieties, enhanced food safety, new food additives, prolonged shelf life, and removal of toxins and allergens.
- Results from the Functional Foods and Natural Health Products Survey (2011)
The survey provides sector-specific data which may be used for economic or market analyses, to study industry performance, to assist policy development, and for research purposes.
More agriculture and food market intelligence in Canada’s reports.
- Functional Foods and Natural Health Products Survey (2011) (Statistics Canada)
- Functional Foods and Natural Health Products Survey (2007) (Statistics Canada)
- Date modified: