Doing business in the Middle East and Africa
The Middle East and Africa represents Canada's 5th largest export destination for agri-food and seafood products with exports of $3.6 billion in 2015. It is the second largest population block in the world, with a market of over 1.4 billion people. It is growing more and more attractive to global suppliers like Canada, particularly in the sectors of grains and pulses as well as in niche areas such as skim milk powder. Canadian agriculture, agri-food and seafood exports have more than doubled over the past decade, with two way trade also doubling - reaching $4.8 billion in 2015. Some great opportunities for Canadian businesses. The following information can enhance your business activities in the Middle East and Africa Region.
- Market intelligence
- Access reports that discuss opportunities in the Middle East and Africa, and learn about market trends in your state or sector of interest.
- Trade and investment agreements
- Find international trade and investment agreements and negotiations.
More support for business
- Agri-Food Trade Services for Exporters
- Find trade events, in-market Trade Commissioners, marketing tools and more to help you achieve your international business goals.
- Market access services
- The Market Access Secretariat (MAS) is your single window for market access and market development inquiries. Contact MAS at email@example.com.
Watch agri-food trade commissioners at your service and learn how your company or organization can benefit from export advice and guidance to help you achieve your international business goals.
- Date modified: