Poultry slaughter reports
This section provides information on poultry slaughter (chicken, mature chicken, turkey, ducks and geese) at federally and/or provincially inspected packing plants in Canada by region(s)/province(s).
Federally inspected slaughter data lags one week after week end. Data reported in this section is based on the poultry and egg industry market information calendar. Monthly reporting applies percentage splits.
Slaughter at federally and/or provincially inspected packing plants by species
Dynamic reports displaying slaughter of chicken, mature chicken, turkey, ducks and geese by weight category, for selected species for selected region(s)/province(s) for the week/month/year from 1992 to 2017.
- Weekly poultry slaughter (Report 003)
- Selected week(s) plus values for the same week prior year and year to date.
- Monthly poultry slaughter (Report 002)
- Selected year by months(s) and year to date.
- Annual poultry slaughter (Report 001)
- Current year to date and the previous 10 years.
Raw data file
- Poultry slaughter raw data file (Report 039)
- Raw data file for the number of head and the weight of birds slaughtered for all poultry species and all weight categories in all regions, for the selected year. Poultry slaughter raw data file structure and explanation (Report 039)
Open data portal
- Weekly Poultry Slaughter
- Weekly federally and provincially inspected slaughter and weight data from 1997 to present, Canada totals, is available on the Government of Canada’s Open Government Registry for chicken, turkey, ducks, geese and mature chicken.
If you have any questions or require additional information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Our service standards
Service standards play a vital role in our market information program’s commitment to planning, reporting and performance management. They clearly define the level of service that clients can expect under normal circumstances.
- Date modified: