New Delhi, India
March 13 to 17, 2018
India's largest food and beverage show
AAHAR is the largest Food and Hospitality fair in India, and includes two concurrent exhibitions – “Hospitality India” which covers Hotel & Restaurant Equipment and Supplies, and ”Food India” which covers Food, Processed Food, Food Processing and Beverages.
The all-inclusive participation fee includes these basic furnishings: company signage, panel graphic, front counter with one bistro chair, one meeting table with 2 chairs, wastebasket, basic electricity and wireless internet services.
Pavilion exhibitors also have the option to expand, customize and enhance their booths with graphics, furnishings, refrigeration and other appliances and enhancements directly through the Canadian Pavilion team, at increased cost.
In addition, The High Commission of Canada to India, New Delhi will also organise a briefing session on Opportunities in India for the Agriculture and Food sector, a retail tour for participants and a reception at the Canada House in New Delhi for participants and key Indian food industry leaders.
Canada Pavilion exhibitors will receive:
- Show and official catalogue registration
- Exhibitor badges
- Pre-show invitations to key international buyers
- On-site and on-going marketing support
- Strategic market intelligence reports providing information on industry market trends and conditions
- Opportunity to meet and schedule one-on-one meeting with Canadian Trade Commissioners attending the show
- India's growing population - 1.3 billion
- With growing disposable incomes
- India aspires to be a regional Agri-Food production centre in Asia
- The retail food market is the fastest growing retail segment in India
- The popularity of processed products is continuously rising
- A health-conscious trend is sweeping urban areas in India
- Approximately 20% of the products carried by retail chains are being imported.
- Grains, pulses and oilseeds: canola oil processed oats, roasted flax seeds, processed hemp, mustard powder, bran or meal, barley for malting, malt, pulses and beans, quinoa
- Meat: pork / processed pork products
- Pet food
- Seafood: frozen seafood such as salmon, lobster, scallops, clams, cold water shrimp, snow crab
- Nutraceuticals: health and wellness supplements
- Fruits: apples, fresh/frozen/dried blueberries and cranberries and other berries, cherries, apricots, pears
- Alcoholic beverages: Canadian Wines, Canadian Ice-wine, Canadian beer
- Processed food products: beverages, bakery products, confectionery items, juices, jams, sauces, honey, maple syrup, processed egg products, tea, and bottled water etc.
- Service providers to food Industry: equipment manufacturers, food safety software, consultants, contract laboratories, consolidators, and freight forwarders etc.
A total of 60,000 business visitors including overseas business visitors visited the 32nd AAHAR in 2017, including importers, wholesales, distributors, hotel, restaurant, retail, supermarkets etc.
Additional information and participation fee
Counsellor – Agriculture and Agri-Food
The High Commission of Canada to India, New Delhi
+91 (11) 4178-2416
Support – Federal / provincial partners and industry associations
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Agri-Food Export Group Quebec-Canada
- Canadian Food Exporters Association
- Global Affairs Canada
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs, Ontario
- Date modified: