AAHAR Food & Hospitality Show
New Delhi, March 12-16, 2019
AAHAR is the largest trade fair for the Food and Hospitality sector in India, with 2 concurrent exhibitions:
- Hospitality India: Hotel and Restaurant Equipment and Supplies
- Food India Foods: Processed Foods, Food Processing and Beverages
Since 2010, the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi, in collaboration with Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada and several Canadian provinces, is pleased to invite you to showcase Canadian products at AAHAR. At the show, you will network with India’s food industry leaders, while promoting products to business visitors from all key food sectors, including:
- Cash and carry vendors
- Hospitality institutions
- Potential joint venture partners
- Retail chains
India’s growing population
With over 1.3 billion people and rising per-capita income levels, rapidly expanding manufacturing and service sectors, and a growing consumer market makes India a tremendous opportunity for Canadian exporters and investors.
Meet the needs of Indian consumers
Indian consumers are increasingly seeking products that offer convenience. Packaged and processed food sales continue to grow at a remarkable pace, including ready-to-eat meals, processed cereals, bakery items, canned food, sauces, and condiments. A health-conscious trend is creating demand for dietary supplements and fortified food products as well.
Opportunities for expansion and growth
India’s growing Hotel Restaurant Institution sector shows great potential and demand for high-value food products such as processed fruit and fresh and frozen seafood.
India aspires to be an Agri-Food production hub in Asia and to be considered an important player on the regional and international agriculture stage.
India boasts the fastest growing retail segment in Asia importing 20% of retail-carried products.
Opportunities for Canadians
Edible oils are India’s largest imported food category, providing opportunity for Canadian supply of healthy alternatives such as canola, sunflower and mustard oils, replacing the current reliance on palm-oil products. Additionally, the Canada Brand is trusted by Indian consumers, representing a tasty, healthy, safe, nutritious, and environmentally-friendly choice.
AAHAR trade show program elements
- Booth space allocated in the Canada Pavilion (adjacent to India’s largest food importer association)
- Food retail tour of all levels of establishments in New Delhi
- Information session for the trade show and import requirements
- Networking reception at the Canadian High Commissioner’s Residence; Canada House in New Delhi
- Participating in Opening Ceremony at the Canada Pavilion
- Stall setup assistance (lighting, shelving, posters, graphics)
- Other direct business-to-business opportunities
Canadian representation needed
- Canadian Alcoholic Beverages: Wine, Ice-Wine, Beer
- Equipment Providers to Food Industry: Cold Chain, Logistics, Associated Equipment Manufacturer
- Fruits: Apples, Fresh, Frozen / Dried Blueberries and Cranberries and other Berries, Cherries, Apricots, Pears
- Grains, Pulses and Oilseeds: Canola Oil, Processed Oats, Roasted Flax seed, Mustard powder, bran or meal, Barley for Malting, Malt, Pulses and beans, Quinoa
- Meat: Pork/Processed Pork Products
- Nutraceuticals: Health and Wellness supplements
- Pet food manufacturers and suppliers
- Processed Food Products: Bakery, Confectionery, Juices, Jams, Sauces, Honey, Maple Syrup, Processed Egg Products, Tea, and Bottled Water, etc.
- Seafood: Frozen seafood such as Salmon, Lobster, Scallops, Clams, Cold water shrimp, Snow Crab
- Service Providers to Food Industry: Consolidators, Logistics, Software, Consultants, Contract Laboratories
Pricing for Canadian participation:
Participants are responsible for their own travel costs, accommodation, and local transportation. Participation costs are based on the size of booth-space reserved in the Canadian Pavilion at AAHAR:
- 6 square meter booth: $2,700 CAD
- 9 square meter booth: $4,050 CAD
- Corner booth surcharge: $450 CAD
For further information please contact email@example.com.
- Date modified: