Mandatory Isolation Support for Temporary Foreign Workers Program: Step 2. Who is eligible
Step 2. Who is eligible
Eligible recipients would be:
- Canadian employers in the farming, fish harvesting, and food production and processing sectors.
Eligible activities are of the following nature and type:
- wages and benefits of the temporary foreign workers during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- off site accommodations during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- transportation to and from off site accommodations required during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- food or a food allowance during the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- health and safety supplies such as gloves, masks, hand sanitizer, disinfectant cleaners and soaps required for the mandatory 14-day isolation period
- other incremental costs directly associated to the 14 day mandatory isolation period imposed on temporary foreign workers under the Quarantine Act
Employers must comply with the mandatory 14-day isolation protocols, any other public health order and the regulations of the Temporary Foreign Workers Program for the duration of the 14-day isolation period. Employers must also comply with regulations concerning wages and other employment conditions of the program or stream they hired their temporary foreign workers through (for example, Seasonal Agricultural Worker Program, Temporary Foreign Worker Program) during the mandatory 14-day isolation.
Should Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada become aware of an employer breaching any part of those requirements, the recipient will no longer be eligible for the funding. Any amounts already paid to the recipient will become repayable debts to the Crown.
Report a problem on this page
- Date modified: