Public Opinion and Consultations
As part of a decision-making process, we provide Canadians with an opportunity to have their voices heard and their views carefully considered. It is important for the public to express their concerns and opinions in open forum discussions. By sharing their views, Canadians help to determine the direction of the Department's future policies, programs and services.
Consultation on Policy Options for the Animal Pedigree Act
To seek input on from industry stakeholders to help in the analysis of the Act.
- Crop Variety Registration Engagement
- Consultation on the Proposed Domestic Policy and Implementation Framework on the Management of Low-Level Presence of Genetically Modified Crops in Imports
- Growing Forward 2 - Spring 2011 Public Engagement Sessions
- Product of Canada and Made in Canada Online Consultation
Visit the Government of Canada's Consulting Canadians website for a list of consultations currently underway in other federal departments.
Public Opinion Research
At Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, public opinion research is conducted to understand the needs and views of Canadians and of producers.
It is a legal requirement under the Federal Accountability Act for all government departments and agencies to provide contracted public opinion research reports to Library and Archives Canada. The reports are submitted within six months of completion of data collection. The reports are available in the language in which the research was conducted, and the executive summaries are available in both official languages.
Below are links to our most recent research.
- Innovative Agricultural Technologies - Public Opinion Research
- Non-business Risk Management Programs Client Satisfaction Survey: report on National Survey of Program Users
- Public Opinion Research in Japan for the Canada Brand Advocacy Initiative
- Public Opinion Research in Mexico for the Canadian Brand initiative
- Strategic Issues Survey - Wave 3
If you would like more information on the public opinion research studies that Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada has conducted, you can contact the department's Public Opinion Research Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Date modified: