Agroforestry Development Centre
Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada's Agroforestry Development Centre in Indian Head, Saskatchewan is dedicated to producing new knowledge and better understanding of trees and agroforestry practices through research projects at regional, national and international levels. The Centre is committed to the sharing of knowledge gained through research and the production of on-line tools and information, publications, and the provision of technical support.
Objectives of the Centre
- Improve technology to enhance tree health and growth
- Provide sound technical advice for agroforestry management
- Develop diverse, adapted tree genetics
- Create agroforestry designs
- Build tools to assist in planning agroforestry systems and predicting impacts
- Obtain a better understanding of the environmental, social and economic impacts of agroforestry
About agroforestry practices
Learn more about agroforestry; benefits and best practices including information on shelterbelts, the growth and maintenance of trees, and diseases and pests.
- Date modified: