Canadian Agricultural Partnership
- What is the Canadian Agricultural Partnership (Infographic, PDF, 2 MB)
- Canadian Agricultural Partnership – Business Risk Management Programs
- Federal programs under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership
- Consulting on the Next Agricultural Policy Framework
- Summary of items from the 2017 Annual Meeting of Federal, Provincial and Territorial Ministers of Agriculture
The Canadian Agricultural Partnership is a five-year, $3 billion investment by federal, provincial and territorial governments to strengthen the agriculture and agri-food sector.
The Partnership features:
- simplified and streamlined programs and services that are easier to access
- key enhancements to programs that help farmers manage significant risks that threaten the viability of their farm and are beyond their capacity to manage
Federal programs and activities
The Partnership will include federal programs and activities to help:
- improve market development and market access activities to address emerging needs of the sector, including small and medium enterprises, and help expand domestic and international markets and trading opportunities
- enhance the competitiveness of the sector by advancing its science and innovation capacity, and adoption of innovative products and practices, with an emphasis on sustainable and clean growth
- strengthen the sector by better reflecting the diversity of our communities, enhancing collaboration across different jurisdictions, and securing and supporting public trust in the sector
Cost-Shared Programs and activities by federal, provincial and territorial governments
Federal, provincial and territorial governments are also continuing to work towards bilateral agreements. This investment will be cost-shared on a 60:40 basis and delivered by provinces and territories to ensure programs are tailored to meet regional needs.
Improvements to business risk management programs
Under the Canadian Agricultural Partnership, BRM programs will continue to help producers manage significant risks that threaten the viability of their farm and are beyond their capacity to manage. Find out about the Canadian Agricultural Partnership – Business Risk Management Programs.
Find out more about previous initiatives
- Date modified: