What is AgriInvest?
AgriInvest is one of the Business Risk Management programs under Growing Forward 2 (GF2), the five-year policy framework for Canada's agricultural and agri-food sector that:
- promotes innovation, competitiveness and market development and
- helps you manage production and market risk.
AgriInvest is a self-managed producer-government savings account designed to help you manage small income declines and make investments to manage risk and improve market income.
Each year, you can deposit up to 100% of your Allowable Net Sales to your AgriInvest account and receive a matching government contribution on 1% of your Allowable Net Sales. For more information, see How Is My AgriInvest Deposit Calculated?
Your AgriInvest account grows as you make deposits, receive matching government contributions and earn interest. You can withdraw funds from your AgriInvest account any time. Funds are withdrawn from your account in the following order:
- Fund 2 – government contributions and interest (taxable)
- Fund 1 – your deposits (not taxable)
To participate in AgriInvest, simply:
- file an income tax return reporting farming income (loss) to the Canada Revenue Agency by the final filing deadline for the program yearFootnote 1
- file an AgriInvest form reporting sales and purchases of allowable commodities by the final deadline for the program year.
For detailed program information, see the AgriInvest Program Guidelines.
- Date modified: