Am I Eligible for AgriInvest?

Generally, you are eligible for AgriInvest if you earn income from the primary production of agricultural commodities and you:

  • farm in Canada
  • file an income tax return reporting farming income (loss) to the Canada Revenue Agency by the final filing deadline for the program yearFootnote 1
  • file an AgriInvest form reporting sales and purchases of allowable commodities by the final deadline for the program year.

You may also need to comply with certain conditions set by your province or territory to receive government contributions. For more information, see What is Cross Compliance?

Who can participate?

  • individual producers
  • partners in a partnership
  • corporations
  • co-operatives
  • communal organizations
  • landlords in a joint ventureFootnote 2
  • estates
  • trusts
  • limited partnerships
  • Status Indians and Band Farms farming on a reserve

Who can't participate?

  • government funded organizations, including research stations, universities and colleges
  • landlords earning rental income (cash rent or payments-in-kind) for crop or livestock shares or lease arrangementsFootnote 2
  • former Federal Public Office Holders or Public Servants who are not in compliance with federal conflict of interest guidelines
  • dissolved corporations

If you farm as a custom feedlot operator, you are eligible based on the value of allowable commodities you produce (or purchase) and feed to livestock.

Agricultural products that you produce and process on your farm may also be eligible. For more information on eligible commodities, see Is My Production Eligible for AgriInvest?

For detailed program information, see the AgriInvest Program Guidelines.

Date modified: