Register for direct deposit of your AgriStability payments
- The government of Canada is switching from cheques to direct deposit.
- Direct deposit is an electronic transfer of funds deposited directly in to your financial institution account.
- Producers from Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, and Yukon can register for direct deposit.
- You can register online with My AAFC Account or complete an AgriStability Direct Deposit Registration Form.
If you are a producer in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, or Prince Edward Island please contact your provincial administration for information on direct deposits.
Frequently Asked Questions on AgriStability Direct Deposit Payments
- Q1. What are the benefits of direct deposit?
- A1. The benefits of direct deposit are:
- Convenience – faster access to your money, as AgriStability payments go directly to your bank account.
- Security – direct deposit is fast, reliable and safe; AgriStability payments have virtually no risk of being lost, stolen or damaged.
- Low-Cost – it costs the government pennies to do a direct deposit payment compared to the cost of printing and mailing a cheque.
- Q2. How do I register for AgriStability direct deposit payments?
- A2. With My AAFC Account:
- you can quickly and conveniently provide us with your bank account information
- after you enter and confirm your bank account information, you will be registered for direct deposit
- you can view and change your bank account information any time
Complete an AgriStability Direct Deposit Registration Form:
- download the form or call us toll-free at 1-866-367-8506 to have one sent to you
- send your signed and completed form to:
P.O. Box 3200 Station Main
Winnipeg MB R3C 5R7
- Q3. What information do I need to register for direct deposit?
- A3. To register online with My AAFC Account provide the following bank account information:
- branch number
- institution number
- account number
To complete the AgriStability Direct Deposit Registration Form provide your:
- name (or entity name if the participant is a corporation, co-operative, communal organization, band farm or limited partnership)
- mailing address
- Participant Identification Number (PIN)
- bank account information:
- branch number
- institution number
- account number
- blank cheque with “void” written on it (for a chequing account)
- financial institution’s stamp on the form (for a savings account or chequing account if you do not attach a blank cheque)
- Q4. Where can I find my banking information?
- A4. For a chequing account you can find your account details at the bottom left corner of a cheque. See the example below:
- cheque number (not required)
- branch number - 5 digits (required)
- institution number - 3 digits (required)
- account number - maximum 12 digits (required)
If you do not have a cheque available contact your financial institution
For a savings account check an account statement for your account details or contact your financial institution
- Q5. How do I register for direct deposits if I have more than one farming operation?
- A5. You must complete an AgriStability Direct Deposit Registration Form for each farming operation with a Participant Identification Number (PIN).
- Q6. Do I have to open a new account for AgriStability direct deposits?
- A6. You may use an existing chequing or savings account (except an AgriInvest account). You do not have to open a new account for your AgriStability payments.
- Q7. Can you deposit my AgriStability payments into a joint chequing or savings account?
- A7. Yes, we can deposit your payments into a joint account.
- Q8. Can you deposit my AgriStability payments into my AgriInvest account?
- A8. No, we cannot deposit AgriStability payments into an AgriInvest account. You can use your AgriInvest account only for AgriInvest program purposes. The AgriInvest program authorities do not allow other types of deposits into the account.
- Q9. How long will it take to register for direct deposit?
- A9. If you register online through My AAFC Account:
- your registration is complete once you confirm your bank account information
- we will deposit your next AgriStability payment to your account
If you register by mail:
- we will process your Direct Deposit Registration Form within 30 days from the date we receive your completed form
- if you are entitled to an AgriStability payment while we are processing your form, we will issue the payment to you by cheque
- Q10. How do I change my bank account information?
- A10. To change your bank account information either:
- log into My AAFC Account, and enter your new account details online
- send us a completed AgriStability Direct Deposit Registration Form with your new account details
- Q11. I recently mailed a completed AgriStability Direct Deposit Registration Form. How can I confirm if you received it?
- A11. Contact us toll-free at 1-866-367-8506.
- Q12. Who do I contact if I have questions on AgriStability direct deposits?
- A12. Contact us toll-free at 1-866-367-8506.
- Q13. How can I be sure that my banking information will be protected when I register for direct deposit?
- A13. The Government of Canada considers privacy and security of utmost importance when issuing payments.
- Any information you provide to the Government of Canada for direct deposit is protected under the Government of Canada Privacy Act.
- Access to your bank account is governed by your account agreement with your financial institution. Please consult with your financial institution for more information regarding security measures for accessing your bank account.
- Date modified: