Get interactive agriculture-related maps, geospatial data and tools to help you make better decisions for environmentally responsible yet competitive agriculture.
- Geospatial applications – allow you to interact with geospatial information through an online map:
- Agricultural business in Canada
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada annual crop inventory – view crop types produced from 2009 to present
- Biomass inventory mapping and analysis tool – query and visualize biomass inventory data
- Census of agriculture – displays the Census of Agriculture data using the geographic boundary of the Consolidated Census Sub-division (CCS). Using the Census Mapper tool, information is provided in many different ways including Number of Farms Reporting, Number of Acres, Number of Hectares, Number of Animals, and Number of Operators within the CCS boundary for Canada
- Agricultural trends in Canada
- Spatial density of major crops in Canada - shows spatial density of major crop cultivation in Canada
- Agricultural climate in Canada
- Agroclimate impact reporter – online tool for the collection, compilation, and integration of agroclimate impact information across Canada
- Canadian drought monitor – displays the historic and current areas of drought within Canada
- Monthly Drought Assessment – Discusses the impacts of drought across Canada on a monthly basis
- National ecological framework for Canada – provides consistent, national spatial context within which ecosystems at various levels of generalization can be described, monitored, and reported on
- Percent saturated surface soil moisture from SMOS satellite data – presents the volumetric soil moisture (percent saturated soil) for the surface layer (<5 centimetres) of soil
- Plant hardiness zones of Canada – outlines the different zones in Canada where various types of trees, shrubs and flowers will most likely survive
- Ten Years of Drought in Canada – shows the movement and resistance of drought across the landscape
- Weekly Best-Quality Maximum NDVI Anomalies – presents the Weekly Best-Quality Maximum-NDVI anomalies for Canada’s agricultural extent
- Agricultural land use in Canada
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada – Land use 1990, 2000, 2010 – this application provides information and tools to allow landowners, decision-makers, and the general public to view land uses at ten year intervals
- Agrimap – an interactive mapping application with built-in tools to customize maps for simplifying land-use decision making
- Canada land inventory – shows the capability of land to support agricultural, forestry and recreational activities and provide wildlife habitat
- Soils of Canada – view the distribution and areal extent of soil attributes such as drainage, kind of material and classification of soils in terms of Soil Order and Great Group
- Agricultural business in Canada
- Geospatial web services – access maps and geospatial data stored on one or more geospatial data servers
- Geospatial datasets – model and understand factors that affect Canadian agriculture
Data licence agreement
Use of the data is subject to the Canada Open Government Licence and not the Terms and Conditions of this website. The terms and conditions set out in the Open Government Licence replace the prohibition with respect to commercial redistribution, and govern your use and reproduction of the data instead of the copyright reproduction statements of the Terms and Conditions of this website.
Geospatial products are provided by the Agri-Geomatics Service of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. We provide geographic-based information and knowledge online to improve decision making and risk management for agriculture and the environment.
If you have questions or feedback on products or services offered, please email us at: Agri-Geomatics-Agrog@agr.gc.ca.
Under normal circumstances, our goal is to provide an estimated delivery date for information products within 3 business days.
- Date modified: