Get interactive agriculture-related maps, geospatial data and tools to help you make better decisions for environmentally responsible yet competitive agriculture.
- Geospatial applications - allow you to interact with geospatial information through an online map:
- Agricultural business in Canada
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada annual crop inventory – view crop types produced from 2009 to present.
- Biomass inventory mapping and analysis tool – query and visualize biomass inventory data.
- Census of agriculture – displays the 2011 Census of Agriculture data using the geographic boundary of the Consolidated Census Sub-division (CCS). Using the Census Mapper tool, information is provided in many different ways including Number of Farms Reporting, Number of Acres, Number of Hectares, Number of Animals, and Number of Operators within the CCS boundary for Canada.
- Agricultural trends in Canada
- Spatial density of barley in Canada - shows spatial density of barley cultivation in Canada.
- Spatial density of corn in Canada - shows spatial density of corn cultivation in Canada.
- Spatial density of soybeans in Canada - shows spatial density of soybean cultivation in Canada.
- Spatial density of canola in Canada - shows spatial density of canola cultivation in Canada.
- Spatial density of cereals in Canada - shows spatial density of cereals cultivation in Canada.
- Spatial density of wheat in Canada - shows spatial density of wheat cultivation in Canada.
- Spatial density of pulses in Canada - shows spatial density of pulse cultivation in Canada.
- Spatial density of major crops in Canada - shows spatial density of major crop cultivation in Canada.
- Agricultural climate in Canada
- Plant hardiness zones of Canada – outlines the different zones in Canada where various types of trees, shrubs and flowers will most likely survive.
- Percent saturated surface soil moisture from SMOS satellite data
- National ecological framework for Canada – provides consistent, national spatial context within which ecosystems at various levels of generalization can be described, monitored, and reported on.
- Canadian drought monitor
- Agroclimate impact reporter – online tool for the collection, compilation, and integration of agroclimate impact information across Canada.
- Agricultural land use in Canada
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada - Land use 1990, 2000, 2010
- Canada land inventory – shows the capability of land to support agricultural, forestry and recreational activities and provide wildlife habitat.
- Soils of Canada – view the distribution and areal extent of soil attributes such as drainage, kind of material and classification of soils in terms of Soil Order and Great Group.
- Agrimap – an interactive mapping application with built-in tools to customize maps for simplifying land-use decision making.
- Agricultural business in Canada
- Geospatial web services – allow you access to maps and geospatial data stored on one or more geospatial data servers.
- Geospatial datasets – allow you to model and understand factors that affect Canadian agriculture.
Data licence agreement
Use of the data is subject to the Canada Open Government Licence and not the Terms and Conditions of this website. The terms and conditions set out in the Open Government Licence replace the prohibition with respect to commercial redistribution, and govern your use and reproduction of the data instead of the copyright reproduction statements of the Terms and Conditions of this website.
If the data are subject to any other agreements, these will be specifically noted with the data.
Geospatial products are provided by the Agri-Geomatics Service of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada. We provide geographic-based information and knowledge online to improve decision making and risk management for agriculture and the environment.
If you have questions or feedback on products or services offered, please email us at: Agri-Geomatics-Agrog@agr.gc.ca.
Under normal circumstances, our goal is to provide an estimated delivery date for information products within 3 business days.
- Date modified: