Application Process

Eligibility Criteria

Individuals, co-operatives and corporations can participate in AgriStability. To be eligible, you must have:

  • farmed for at least six straight months during the program year and reported your farming income (or loss) to Canada Revenue Agency for tax purposes; and
  • completed (or attempted to complete) a production cycle during the program year.

Status Indians farming on reserves in Canada are eligible to participate in AgriStability. You must provide the information that would otherwise have been reported for tax purposes for the program and reference years and meet all other eligibility criteria and program deadlines to be eligible.

Note: If records are not available, the farm's income history will be estimated based on information for the current year. Participants need to complete a Productive Capacity Worksheet. For more details, or a copy of this worksheet, please contact us at the number listed below.

Status Indians farming on a reserve are not required to report farm income, or loss, to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) for taxation purposes under Section 87 of the Indian Act. Information provided to the AgriStability administration is used solely to calculate program benefits, and is not used or kept by CRA for income tax purposes.

How to Apply

If you have never participated in AgriStability:

You must request a New Participant Package by April 30, 2018 to participate in 2018 AgriStability.   This can be done by completing the online request form or calling the Administration toll-free 1-866-367-8506.

The New Participant Package includes the forms you will need to complete and return in order to participate in AgriStability. The information collected on these forms is used to produce an Enrolment Notice which includes the fee you will need to pay to be eligible to participate.

The 2018 New Participant Package will be sent to you when it is available in December 2017.

AgriStability is delivered in Manitoba, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Newfoundland and Labrador and Yukon by the federal government. The information on this website refers to deadlines and other delivery details for these provinces only.

If you are in British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Ontario, Quebec, or Prince Edward Island, AgriStability is delivered provincially. Please visit your respective provincial administration using the links above.

Date modified: