National Environmental Farm Planning Initiative
Please note: This program has been discontinued.
The Government of Canada's National Environmental Farm Planning Initiative helped Canada's agricultural producers develop and implement environmental farm plans (EFPs) through provincially delivered EFP programs. Objectives of the National Environmental Farm Plan Initiative include:
- helping the agriculture sector better identify its impacts on the environment; and
- promoting the growth of stewardship activities within the agriculture industry.
- The National Environmental Farm Planning Initiative supports the environmental objectives of the federal-provincial-territorial Agricultural Policy Framework by:
- assuring Canadians that agricultural resources are being managed in a sustainable fashion; and
- helping to brand Canada in the global market as a source of safe, high-quality food produced in an environmentally responsible manner.
The program ended on March 31, 2009.
Funded under the Agricultural Policy Framework, a federal-provincial-territorial initiative.
Please visit Growing Forward for more information.
- Date modified: